Monday, July 5, 2010

Leslie and a Day Out

Leslie was feeling a little lonely last week, as Jake and Camille were both away for adventures, so Grandma McAllister kindly consented to watch children all afternoon for Leslie and I to have a day out.  We had a great time!  Visited a shop called 10,000 Villages where artists from developing countries sell their wares.  Beautiful jewelry and other hand work on display.  Then we went to an amazing quilt shop where I was blown away by the detail and talent put into the quilts on the walls.  Visited a quirky boutique, Deseret Industries, Old Navy and others.  Leslie found some new clothes and I found a new vision.  It has been so long since I have been out shopping!  I found myself looking over my shoulder for the "What Not to Wear" people!  I am pretty behind on things....  It was also good for me to see what people are doing with their talents.  It was inspiring. We finished up with a meal at Panda Express (one has to have Chinese food!) and then home, tired feet, happy smiles.  Thanks for a wonderful day with you, Leslie, and thanks Grandma for making it possible!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun to spend time just the two of you! I love her hat and necklace and the chinese food sounds yummy! Wish I would have been in the backseat!

Becky said...

I wanna go!! that all sounds so fun! where is 10,000 villages? what a great day for Leslie too....so, stacey and clinton never made it?

Karma said...

How fun! Makes me want a day out with you too :)