Monday, March 2, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

I am not sure why I love St. Patrick's Day, but I always have. As a child, I remember running in to mom and dad's room to try and pinch them while they were still in bed and hadn't had the chance to be wearin' o the green yet. My dad would always growl that he had green eyes, so we couldn't pinch him. :) Today I decorated. Which means I put out my beautiful dolls. My Grandma Joy made these years ago, and when they moved to their little apartment, these found their way into my house and heart. They are second only to my Christmas tree in favorite holiday decorations. The little lady has a music box that plays "When Irish Eyes are Smiling". I just thought I would share the green joy with everyone today!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

I remember those dolls. I am so glad to know they ended up with you.