Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Visit to the Cemetery

On Sunday, we had early meetings, and took advantage of the afternoon to make a trip to the Salt Lake City Cemetery.  This is an old pioneer cemetery, and Nathan and I both have ancestors buried here.  It was a great opportunity to talk with the children about the past.  I really enjoy cemeteries.  I can feel that they are sacred places, this one is great.
Jake and Leslie using crayon rubbing to decipher this old stone.
Grave of Richard Wesley McAllister and his wives and several children.
The latest McAllister family photo. :)

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I really love to visit that cemetary.

Natalie said...

How fun! What a good idea for a Sunday afternoon....I think we will have to do it this Sunday if the weather is nice! I have sure been missing you and those sweet kids lately. I wish we would have had time to see you when we were down for Lagoon....too much to do and so little time!:(

Karma said...

I love a visit to a cemetary too!! I grew up helping my dad at the cemetary and we walked out there most summer nights to turn off the sprinklers!! My husband thinks they are creepy but I LOVE them. We have a Memorial Day tradition of putting flowers on the graves of headstones that don't have any flowers. My kids love it!!!! We don't have anyone we love buried in Boise!

Becky said...

what a great bunch of family you are!
there is just something peaceful and restful about a cemetery, I wonder what it is.... just can't put my finger on it... but anyway, love your family!