Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stayin' Alive

We are still here. Just lazy! Wa-hoo! Lazy feels so nice for a minute. Jacob had scout camp this week. He is back, happy and incredibly sunburned. He spent a lot of the week in a canoe. Leslie leaves next week with our ward for girl's camp. She is excited.

Caleb has an infected tooth and will be on antibiotics for a bit, and then have 2 extractions. Ugh!

Miriam had a lip bumper installed in her mouth to correct some trouble with her teeth, and Leslie is waiting for them to create her new mouth gear too. Our orthodontist loves us.

Nathan has been so depressed. It is hard to watch. I hope we can find some steady work soon.

Seth has a cold. Several of us have had it, and it hasn't been too bad, but Seth is feeling yucky today.

I have had good luck at the yard sales lately. Mostly school clothes are what I am after, but yesterday I found two 1920's magazines and brought them home to enjoy. They are full of ads that make me smile. I was also surprised to see so many companies I recognize advertising in 1926.

That is about it for the update. Generally well, with a few hiccups. :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

a relaxing moment, ah, take a deep breath. so does your orthodontist now have a really nice boat? don't worry nate will get a job, or you will get to all move to dubois! I am sorry he is down. have him call dave tomorrow! or tonight, we are up!

AmyJo Denise said...

Sounds like lazy is much needed! ha ha!
Hang in there!
One day my orthodontist will love me too...I need braces, and a fake tooth. ha ha. Until then...I am pretty much flat broke. ah. I have some things that Leslie Might like as far as school clothes...i didn't think of them before, but now that it's on the mind...
I am possibly heading down there at the end of this month, if so, I'll bring em down!
Also, Nathan should talk with my dad some more...He went through the same thing when I was in 9th grade...he might have some good tips! I know they spoke a little at the reunion...but maybe they need to be phone buddies...idk.
Anyway! Love ya'll!!!

AO said...

I would love to go shop yard sales with you sometime :)