Sunday, July 12, 2020

Happily Ever After

Everyone who know us well knows, my husband and I are two very different people, yet I am still crazy about this man. When he calls me from work, excited out of his mind because it still surprises him that he gets to work with excavators and dump trucks, and he wishes his grandsons could be with him to see it, he makes my heart smile. We recently celebrated 28 years married. My Leslie drew this as one of our decorations for the party (we did have a Barbie theme party for Founder's Day this year)

Left to right: Chelsea, Bowen, Noah, Kinsley, Jake,Seth, Caleb, (Dave the rabbit) Ethan, Jenny (thanks for slimming me down, sis.), Nathan, Leslie (and Bonnie the cat), Miriam, Camille & Gilbert Lloyd. Our family has grown some since my last post, adding a beautiful baby girl, Kinsley
 to Jake and Chelsea's family

and a handsome son-in-law to our ranks, Gilbert Lloyd;

also Camille and Gilbert are expecting a baby boy this September.

What I really want to say today is: This is it. This is what I dreamed of, and maybe every little girl is hoping for when she dreams of marrying a tall, dark and handsome man that will treat her well and have a family together. When I'm falling asleep, and I feel Nathan's toe reach over to touch my leg, because he sleeps better that way, that for me is true, deep, sweet love; perfect contentment. I wish it for everyone. No one is perfect here, not even for one day, but through the mercy of Jesus Christ we repent and move forward. Not all the days or moments are happy: the first picture I posted is two very tired people united after five weeks of missing each other, a very long drive and a crazy car crash
--but he was still alive and we were together, and that was bliss.
Twenty eight years ago, we made sacred promises to each other and to Heavenly Father in the Idaho Falls Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a holy place. We have had divine help and support from this one choice over and over. This is what holds us together and makes the happily ever after possible. Our Father in Heaven has been so good to us. We love each other, and we love Him. I just feel so blessed.

No comments: